Saturday, November 10, 2012

For All You Music Buffs Out There . . .

We all know that the radio airwaves today are full of more samples than Costco. And if you're like me, it will drive you crazy if you can't place your finger on where you heard the original.

Never fear! I have found the solution whilst searching for the sample in Flo Rida's "I Cry."


Now, of course, my first thoughts were that he had maybe sped up the hook from Brenda Russell's "Piano in the Dark." I mean (who wouldn't think that, that is the song that we should all think of - a 1980's classic with the exact same chorus lyrics as Flo Rida's sample, right?) Chorus starts here around 1:20: 


But, then I found this gem: whosampled.com that will find the sample in any song for you!

And it revealed that the actual sample came from Bingo Players Cry (Just a Little) (which had picked up part of the hook from Brenda Russell's Piano in the Dark in to make their 2011 song) Immediately starts:


Are you kidding me? This is awesome! My brain is so filled with useless information, it's kind of nice to know that if some of it leaves me to make room for more, I can simply look it up here in this one handy resource! :-) I am pinning this site for future reference. Hope you will also use it to be "in the know."

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Be Interested In