Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Family Photo Wall

This is my work in progress:


When we moved into this house, we were fortunate to be granted a large dining room with a wall that was perfect for a display of family photos like this. I had always ordered our professional family photos in black and white, and it was easy enough to fill in with snapshots that I had also developed in black and white. All black frames and white mats lend a cohesive look.

I call this my work in progress because I continue to add photos that I believe are "frame-worthy." Because I'm not gifted at hanging photos, I've given my husband free reign with hanging them. And by free reign, I mean that I generally let him know where I'd like the next one to go (keeping in mind that I never hang two frames that are the same size next to each other) and then give the direction that the edge of one frame should never line up with the edge of another. Come to think of it, I guess that is not free reign at all . . .

It's such a nice way to see how your family has grown. This display, for example has our engagement photo, one of my bridal photos, photos of both boys as babies, Aidyn taking his first steps at the beach, and so much more. Oh how far we've come!

So, if you've ever been a bit afraid to attempt something like this, let me assure you, it will all work out in the end. The risk is worth the reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Be Interested In