Thursday, October 4, 2012

Garden Border

I have been piddling around with my garden for a while now.  I finally got the flowers going which took me a while considering I have one spot in my garden where nothing seems to want to grow.  I decided a while back to put in a border using wine bottles.  I love the whole art made from found objects movement going on, like this found art that I found at Hobby Lobby:



Anyhoo, I guess I didn't realize, at first, that this would require quite a few bottles, and the ones that we finished off every now and then wasn't going to do it, so a few weeks ago, when I was dropping off my recycling, I found the Mecca of glass bottles:

the recycling center.

I'm no stranger to climbing on dumpsters, as my stint in retail required it quite often, so I dug out some real beauts!  I even got a really pretty blue one that the wine companies reserve for the crappiest of wines, I am told.  After I collected a few bottles, I also had some problem with the actual digging of the trench to put them in.  I kept hitting rock!  They don't call it Roxboro for nothing!  So I dug and dug and dug and unearthed some pretty good sized rocks, but I wasn't getting very far until Daddy brought over a pick ax, and in no time at all, I was in business.  So, here is my beautiful border:


And here is what I did with some of the huge rocks I found:


I have staked that frog down more times than I can count.  I've buried his feet.  I've even put three separate stakes in him, but he just loves to eat dirt.  So, I put one of my boulders on his feet, and he hasn't moved a muscle. I might just get a frog band going on.  That is, if I have enough rocks!
  


No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Be Interested In