Garlic Roasted Asparagus

Saturday, November 17, 2012

I was so tempted to call this the easiest recipe I know, but then I remembered This Gem of a Recipe and I didn't want to be called a liar (Cuppa, Cuppa, Cuppa from Steel Magnolia excepted).

So, I will just say that if you don't like asparagus, or if your kids don't like asparagus, give this a try. I, myself, did not care for asparagus all that much until I tried this recipe. And my husband reminds me when he eats asparagus at restaurants that he "just doesn't like it as good as mine." So, this recipe is definitely a keeper!




Garlic Roasted Asparagus
1 bunch fresh asparagus spears
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 Tbsp. olive oil (approx.)
salt
pepper
  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
  2. Cut woody ends off of asparagus and place on a cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Cover in minced garlic.
  3. Roast for 10 minutes.




Note: I have never put much thought into the placement of the garlic. If you are more particular than I am, you might want to spread it around a little better than is shown in the photos above.
(Hanging head in shame) . . . Methinks Beck was thinking about me when he sang "getting crazy with the Cheez Whiz." Man, I appreciate him changing garlic to Cheez Whiz to protect the innocent, but I am clearly guilty, and I am owning up to it 18 years later. Soy, un perdedor.
Anyhoot, perfectly placed garlic or no, this recipe is delicious and you should try it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment