Thursday, January 31, 2013

Bring on the Clydesdales this Superbowl Weekend

It's that time of year again!  SUPERBOWL is this Sunday!  And I know that many of us watch strictly for the latest, greatest, and in some cases- just plain over-the-top commercials.   Well, that and the snacks.   

So I couldn't think of a much better time than now to do a quick rundown of some of my favorite Superbowl commercials of all time.  No big surprise here- all my favorites feature those famous Clydesdales from the Budweiser ads.  For me, there will never be any better commercials than those.  I hope they never stop making them.  But I think all of America is pretty keen on them too, so hopefully we won't have to worry about that anytime soon. 

This one will always be my number one.  It depicts a young colt who has big dreams of pulling that iconic red Budweiser carriage like all the big horses.  He gets a bit of a helping hand, unbeknownst to him, to pull off this feat, ranking this one up there as my all time favorite. 



On the lighter side, this is another favorite.  Who can forget the streaker?






And the fetch the stick trick?





And those Clydesdales captured us all once again with their Superbowl commercial tribute to 9/11.





These beautiful and gentle horses just have me in awe.  In fact, when we visited jolly old England last year, we toured one of the local breweries there that still uses these work horses to deliver beer locally.  They even let us go down to their field to pet them.  They were gorgeous gentle giants. I wish I could have packed them up and brought them home with me.  






But back to the Superbowl...   For those who like to keep up with this kind of thing, there is even a Website dedicated to those famous Superbowl ads, http://www.superbowl-commercials.org/, that categorizes and archives them all for you in one handy place.  You can even catch an early glimpse of some of the ones scheduled for this weekend's big game, if it won't be too much of a spoiler for you.  I haven't peeked to see if there is a new Clydesdale commercial yet, and I don't think I will.  I plan to remain pretty glued to my TV on Sunday evening, along with most of the rest of you, so I will wait and catch it then.  And we will see whether it makes the rank for next year's review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Be Interested In