Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Cake Walk Slash Bake Sale Brownies

These are good and quick and also perfect for any cake walks or bake sales you may need to contribute to. Last year, I was asked to make cupcakes at my church for their Fall Festival cake walk. The closest I have come to a cupcake recently was using the decorative wrappers to separate my goodies in tins that I gave out at Christmas.  Let's just say cupcakes aren't my fave, so brownies it was.  The hubby tackled the cake walk and played at least a dozen times to get some of my brownies.

Tonight Howard came home early and made his signature dish--Split Pea Soup.  Because I had a temporary reprieve in the kitchen as far as dinner anyways, I decided to make us a snack.  That's why this recipe is a keeper--everything you need to make these bad boys should already be in your kitchen.  Luckily, I'm always prepared for brownies!


Cake Walk Slash Bake Sale Brownies
2 Cups Sugar
1 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 Cup Cocoa
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 Cup Vegetable Oil
4 Eggs
2 Tbsp Corn Syrup
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Walnuts (optional)
1/4 Cup Confectioner's Sugar
4 tsp Water

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan.
  2. Combine dry ingredients:  sugar, flour, cocoa, salt, and baking powder.  (I use a whisk as it incorporates everything together better than just a spoon.)  Then, whisk eggs  in a second bowl and combine with vegetable oil, corn syrup, and vanilla extract.
  3. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients into the center.  Mix together and pour into the greased baking pan.
  4. Bake for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
  5. Combine confectioner's sugar and water and brush over top of brownies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Be Interested In