Monday, December 24, 2012

Granny Striped Bag

Well, apparently I like striped bags even more than I knew! Here's another one for you in a cool colorway:


Here's the link to the free crochet pattern: Pierrot Striped Bag. It was super easy, considering the majority of the bag is a large granny square, which at the very end is taken in so that it fits around the handles.

I happened to own a polka-dot bandanna that was the exact colors of the yarn I used for this bag, and I wanted to use that as the bag lining. So, instead of completing the pattern exactly as written, I only completed the pattern plus one round of HDC until it was the same size as the bandanna, and then started the edging. The bag is still quite large, so no worse for wear. In fact, I don't know that I would have wanted this bag to be any larger.

If I were to make this bag again, I think I would take in the sides a bit more than the pattern calls for so that the mouth isn't so wide. But, otherwise, no complaints about this pattern. Easy and cute as can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Be Interested In