Saturday, December 15, 2012

When Life Gets Too Hard to Stand . . .

In light of yesterday's events in Connecticut, I'm just not up to posting the typical happy holiday stuff to the blog. However, I did feel that it was important that we acknowledge it in some way.

Senseless things happen every day, and I am deeply sorry for the families affected by this tragedy. Makes you want to hug your own family that much tighter - appreciate what you have.

So, I'll leave you with these few thoughts, always remember this:


Thanks, Misty, for posting this to Facebook. I have seen this phrase before, but this is a beautiful photo of it. Love the bokeh.

Also, if you are inclined to write a letter of support to the school, the address that I've seen posted is:

Sandy Hook Elementary School
12 Dickenson Drive
Sandy Hook, CT 06482

And, no surprise here, I tend to turn to music on most occasions in my life. This song by Mariah Carey and Boyz II Men has been running through my head on a loop. Maybe its lyrics will help you too.

One Sweet Day
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Sorry I never told you
All I wanted to say
Now it's too late to hold you
Cause you've flown away
So far away

Never had I imagined
Living without your smile
Feeling and knowing you hear me
It keeps me alive
Alive

[Chorus]
And I know you're shining down on me from heaven
Like so many friends we lost along the way
And I know eventually we'll be together
One sweet day

Darling I never showed you
Assumed you'd always be there
Took your presence for granted
But I always cared
And I miss the love we shared

[Chorus]

Although the sun will never shine the same
I'll always look to a brighter day

Lord I know when I lay me down to sleep
You will always listen as I pray

[Chorus: x2]

Sorry I never told you
All I wanted to say

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Be Interested In