Thursday, February 28, 2013

Emotions are Running a Little High... About Easter Candy of All Things

Have you ever noticed how few things can excite an emotional reaction from most people the way that the mere mention of Easter candy can?  Some of you might be thinking what in the world is she talking about now.  Here, let's play a little game.  What's the first thing that comes to mind when I say "Cadbury Egg"?  or "Robin Eggs", or "Jelly Beans", or heaven forbid- "Peeps"?



See, I told you.  For some reason, there seems to be a love/hate relationship with Easter's holiday candy in a way that there just plain isn't with candy from other seasons.  It has been my experience that there are very few people out there who are indifferent about Easter candy.  Most people either absolutely love or simply cannot stand the most popular Easter candies.  There seems to be very little middle ground here.  And, why is that?  I mean I can usually go either way with most candies. But even I am not immune to the strong emotional reaction toward Easter candy.

You see, in my mind, there is no greater indulgence than a Cadbury Creme Egg, or ten.  But who's counting?  Mind you, it MUST be the original version.  They make caramel eggs and mini eggs, and who knows what else now.  But that perfect creamy milk-chocolatey egg will always go down in my play book as an absolute winner.  On the other hand, the mere mention of "Peeps" is enough to make this girl run for cover.  I have always hated the way springy sweet marshmallow tastes (and feels). Ick!  Yes, they are cute, and they are quintessential Easter candy.  But that's about as far as it goes for me.

To that end, I thought I would share this rather accurate depiction of uses for Peeps.




However, I did find one other pretty cute use.  If there's one thing the Harris Sisters are known for, it's getting crafty.  And this Harris Sister also loves decorating for the holidays.  This may be one project that will actually send me to the store in search of those little buggers this year.


Now, I KNOW I'm not the only one out there who has strong feelings about Easter candy.  Feel free to leave us a comment if there are certain ones that you love or love to hate, and we will see what makes the cut, and what goes the way of the Peep.  

...Or if you happen to come up with any other functional uses for Peeps, 
I would be thrilled to hear all about those, too.  ;)

1 comment:

  1. I happen to think that Starburst jelly beans are the finest among the jelly bean choices (even outranking Jelly Belly with their often times weird flavor choices and certainly outranking any brand that still offers black licorice). And as always, no Easter is complete without a gigantic chocolate bunny and Easter PEZ.

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Be Interested In