Saturday, February 23, 2013

In My Mind, I'm Goin' to Carolina

I stumbled upon this on Pinterest (and interestingly enough, it was originally published on its blog Southern Weddings on February 21 - Deanna's and my birthday).


What a beautifully stated sentiment! All three Harris sisters were raised in North Carolina, and two of us still reside here. We can advise you as to the best methods of catching fireflies (or lightning bugs, as it were), and we have eaten our fair share of grits.

We can argue the merits of Krispy Kreme doughnuts over Dunkin Donuts "until the cows come home." And, if you don't understand what that means, then you won't understand these phrases in this post either: Well, bless your heart!, but I digress.

And THIS GAL certainly appreciates a nod to a Southern state that does not mention fried chicken (finally). It's nice to know that someone else feels the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Be Interested In