Man, they just don't write them like that anymore! And now that February is upon us, I thought it only fitting to compile a list of songs that have ever so meaningful lyrics without being, as Daddy would put it, pukey.
So, without further ado, Music to Play on Valentine's Day:
There are two country songs on the list. I know, I must be getting soft in my old age. But a good song is a good song no matter the genre. (Which is why you will NEVER see Phil Collins on my lists.) And, as with my other playlists (Spring, Patriotic, Christmas, Halloween, Thanksgiving) some of the songs might not be the FIRST ones you'd think of for the season, but they're goodies, trust me. I mean, they've got lyrics like these:
- And, I'd give up forever to touch you. - What? FOREVER people.
- You're my sun, my moon, my guiding star. - Seriously? Preach.
- Loving you is like a song I replay every three minutes and 30 seconds of every day. - Girl, tell it.
- If you're lost, you can look and you will find me time after time. - For real.
- My love, my darling, I've hungered for your touch. - Hallmark, take note.
And as always, my playlists are guaranteed to be 100% Phil Collins-free. You're welcome.