Monday, October 26, 2015

My Monday Night Ritual

We all do it.  We do it all- between kids, families, work, appointments, homework, housework, fun, obligations, and everything else in our paths- we put ourselves last and take care of everyone and everything else first.  I think it's part of being a woman.  We are born nurturers.  And there's nothing in the world wrong with that.  But we have to make time for ourselves too.  We aren't much good to the rest of the world if we have burned our candles at both ends for way too long. 

So I decided a while back to implement a new Monday night ritual.  It's a little me time that I carve out for myself each week.  It starts my week off on the right foot, calming me from my busy weekends and preparing me for a new week ahead. 


My ritual goes something like this.  Once our babe is in bed, I head directly to our bathroom and start drawing a nice hot bubble bath.  I turn the lights down low and light my favorite scented candle.  I pour myself a glass of wine (red wine this time of year- chilled white wine in the hot weather months) and soak it all in- LITERALLY-  FOR AS LONG AS I LIKE.  My husband knows my routine quite well by now, and always respects my block of carved out "me time". 

I usually follow my bath with a slather of nice scented lotion, a facial treatment, or time to work on my nails.  It's just a little time out of the week to focus on me.  And I enjoy it and look forward to it every single week.  It's a little thing, but it does wonders for me.

It may not be YOUR thing.  Maybe you prefer to read, or knit, or zone out on your favorite TV show.  Whatever IT is for you, make sure you are making time for yourself.  You will be better off for it, and so will the people who rely on you daily.  Take good care of yourself, ladies!  You deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Be Interested In