Sunday, March 22, 2015

Jeanne Robertson: "Don't Send a Man to the Grocery Store"


I have had the pleasure of seeing this funny lady speak three times now, most recently just last week. For those who aren't yet familiar with Jeanne Robertson, she stands 6 feet, 2 inches tall in her stocking feet with her hair "mashed down" (or 5 feet, 14 inches as she also likes to say).  She is a former Miss North Carolina, who still makes her home there in the Tarheel state. And she would also say she is not a comedian, but rather a humorist.  She doesn't tell jokes- just stories, but trust me when I say I've never been more entertained than by this wonderful southern belle.  


The first time I ever had the pleasure of hearing her speak, she told the story of sending her husband (She calls him "Left Brain", and she explains that) to the grocery store for her.  I laughed so hard I nearly fell out of my chair.  Even though that was years ago, I always remembered and LOVED that story.  And as luck would have it, she told it again when we saw her last week.  Here is the YouTube clip of the hilarious tale.  


And for those of you who might be interested in her recipe for the 7-Up pound cake that this particular story revolves around, here is the link to that as well.   And now that I think about it, I'm thinking I should give it a whirl myself this weekend.  Though I think I will use her traditional recipe, she does also include her husband's version too, if you are willing to walk on the wild side.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Be Interested In