Saturday, October 26, 2013

Those Who Don't Believe in Magic Will Never Find It

Those of you who know me or who have read all about my family's crazy shenanigans, KNOW that October is my month.

So, you can imagine my surprise when Ryan Barrett Walkush called me into the living room the other day to watch THIS commercial:


Look familiar? Mom, Dad, Baby in Star Wars costumes - Check, check, check.


Dogs? Check and check.



Bird - Attempted. ;-)


Let me just say that Ryan had to point out that the commercial is mocking families who dress up for Halloween - because as I was rolling on the floor laughing at the dad's "Weirdo" line (about the dentist who gives out floss - I mean who does THAT???), I guess I completely missed the point of the commercial altogether.

Well, Verizon, that has not been our experience. The families in our neighborhood wait for us to arrive every year AND they tell us that they can't wait to see what we will come up with next. That's the spirit! I mean, Halloween has always been a truly magical night, and planning and preparing your costumes is only part of the fun.

Even though this quote by Roald Dahl isn't about Halloween, it always reminds me of its magic (and the secrets that our family keeps about our costumes, which adds to the fun):


AND, not only will you never find magic if you don't believe in it, but what you MIGHT find are things like floss, pennies, raisins, and whatnot in your goodie bag - I mean, people can spot a Halloween Grinch a mile away . . . Verizon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Be Interested In