Friday, September 21, 2012

So, Apparently I've Been Trying to Lose My Cell Phone...

Hello, I'm Deanna, and I have a problem keeping up with my cell phone.  There, I've said it.  I feel so much better now.  (deep exhale here)



For those who know me, they would say this is highly out of character for me, and they would be right.  Now, my husband is always losing something and we spend most mornings tracking down his keys or his wallet or something he desperately needs and can't find.  This morning, we found his keys hanging in the front door, where they apparently spent the night.  But, I digress.

Back to my cell phone issues.  I just received my cell phone in a Fed-ex mailer yesterday after being without it altogether for the previous two days.  You see, I left it on a flight the other day, and didn't realize it until I was boarding my connecting flight.  I told the airline reps and they graciously agreed to help track it down.  But my connecting flight was leaving, and I had to choose between retrieving my phone or catching my flight. I chose the flight.  I know, I know.  You are thinking I made the wrong choice.  Well, I was assured that the fine folks on US Air were busy hunting down my phone and would send it down to Lost and Found, where I could call to retrieve it later.  The next flight to my destination wasn't for several more hours and would have made me late for a business meeting.  So I flew away without my cell phone, feeling lost and slightly crazed.

When I did finally make it back home, they miraculously claimed that they had my phone and would mail it back to me.  I was less than encouraged though, and even though I felt sure they were mailing me a phone, I wasn't so sure they were mailing me *my* phone.  So, I was over the moon to see my little phone sitting happily on the charger last night when I got home.  My husband took care of that.  Love that man...

This could certainly happen to anyone, especially when you wake at 3 am to catch a 6 am flight.  At least that's what I keep telling myself.  And that would normally fly (no pun intended) if I hadn't JUST lost my cell phone in a ginormous pro-football arena a few weeks earlier.  That time, I had no idea where I left it and was sure it was gone forever.  We are talking tens of thousands of people who could have randomly picked it up.  Well, one of those people did pick it up and turn it in.  Lost and found called my husband just as we were leaving the stadium.

I've never really thought of myself as that lucky of a person- that my almost certainly gone-forever cell phone would make it back to me not once, but twice, in the span of a month.  Maybe it's my husband rubbing off on me; he claims to be one of the luckiest people out there (and he is!).  Or maybe, it's just my cell phone's intuition that my contract is expiring soon, and I've been eyeing that new iPhone.  ;)  For now, I'd better love the one I'm with.  It sure has made it hard not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Be Interested In