Thursday, September 27, 2012

DIY: Barbie house

I seem to be the recipient of quite a few furniture castoffs from friends and family that sends my other furniture into hysterical fits of laughter when I'm not looking I'm sure. After hours of happy pinning, I came across this little gem:


Then, I remembered, when we were little, we turned a bathroom cabinet into a dollhouse. Of course, it wasn't as elaborate as this, but then again, I was 10. Lightbulbs went off, and I started my very first DIY!

So, I started with this sad little hutch and thought, "It's a Barbie house. It's gotta be pink."  So I let Charlotte loose with the spray paint.



as Emma Lola supervised...


Then we had to make a trip to the Hobby Lobby for the ultimate in DIY,


(I feel like there should be sunlight gleaming off of it, but you get the point.)

and of course, some decorative scrapbook pages because what's a cool pad, without some groovy wallpaper?





I also found this really cool website, www.zazzle.com.  They have a huge selection of stickers (among other things).  The "paintings" that decorate the wall came from there, and you can even customize them, so the very Barbie-esque microphone there has a very Barbie-esque "Charlotte" written across the bottom right corner in pink, of course.


Stay tuned:  The sister piece to this hutch is just screaming to become a play kitchen.

3 comments:

  1. This Barbie house is AMAZING! I can't believe I haven't seen it in person. Good job, though! I can't wait to see the next DIY project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I found your blog through googling Barbie pink spray paint. It looks like your project was a while ago but I was wondering if you could tell me the name/ brand of the pink spray paint you used on the shelf? I haven't been able to find anything like that! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, Harris Sister Misty was travelling yesterday when we saw this comment so I emailed her to try to get you a quicker response. She said that she doesn't remember the brand or specific color of spray paint but she does remember that she bought it Lowes Home Improvement store. (And, of course, that was two years ago.) But, maybe that will set you in the right direction? Good luck on your quest!

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Be Interested In