Saturday, September 22, 2012

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Halloween!

Today is the day.  

We have put out our interior Halloween decor, actually a few weeks ago, but now that the weather is starting to take a turn and we are seeing more and more mums and pumpkins at the Farmer's Markets, it's time to decorate our front porch.  It's a project I always enjoy.  

Our spring and summertime flowers that have graced out front steps for the past several months have definitely seen their better days.  So, I am busy this morning clearing them away to make room for the pumpkins, owls, hay bales, and cornstalks that will soon take their place. 

Here is what we came up with the past couple of years. This first pic is from a couple of years ago...


And this one was taken last year...




I'm thinking yellow mums for this year, and I can't wait to see what kinds of pumpkins I can come up with.  I tried to grow my own this year, but that didn't pan out so well.  There's always next year for that.  But for now, I'm content with seeing what kinds of treasures the local farmers have for us!  Once I have our front steps all gussied up, I will post this year's pic.  I hope you are already enjoying this fall-time weather as much as I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Be Interested In