I've made this once before for Jaxon's Charlie Brown birthday party. (We called it Pigpen Pudding then.) I remembered that it was easy to make and that it was a hit, so I thought I'd pull out the recipe for his Pig Party this year and call it Mudpies.
I made individual servings in mini mason jars and they looked so cute!
Oreo Dirt Cake
1 package Oreo cookies, crushed
12 oz container Cool Whip
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup confectioner's sugar
3 cups milk
1 tsp vanilla
2, 3.9 oz packages of instant chocolate pudding mix
3 cups cold milk
- Crush Oreo cookies and spread half the crumbs in the bottom of a 9" x 13" pan.
- Mix Cool Whip, softened cream cheese, and powdered sugar.
- Spread this mixture over the cookies.
- Mix milk, pudding mix, and vanilla.
- Pour pudding over mixture in the pan.
- Top with remaining Oreos crumbs.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving. This cake is best if made the day before you want to serve it.
Note: In lieu of serving in a 9" x 13" pan, I created individual servings in small Mason jars for this party.