Monday, April 14, 2014

One Man's Trash - Vintage Handkerchief Banner

As much as I wish I could take credit for this idea or even the creation of this beauty, I cannot.  But, I am in love with this collage of vintage hankies, so much so that I am happy to share the idea with you, because I think it would be so easy to recreate for those of you who may be interested. 

I see vintage ladies handkerchiefs all the time.  And I am always drawn to them, although I never quite knew what I would do with them once I got them home, so I usually just pass.  


But once I saw this upcycled banner made from vintage hankies, I knew exactly how I would use it.  I found this creation on Etsy, from a shop called ReKindled Pleasures.  She also has a Facebook page that she updates regularly to show off her creations (and spark ideas)!  In case you can't tell, I'm already a fan!

I did, in fact, purchase this banner, and looky where I choose to display it.  We are updating our guest powder room, and I thought it would make a lovely addition as a window topper.  As it turns out, I was right!  Every time I see it, I smile all over again!!



This particular banner is made from seven old hankies, but you could use any number and make it as long or short as you like.  In this case, the hankies are uncut and simply secured with a button on a folded over edge of each handkerchief.  This way, they also freely slide back and forth on the garland they are attached to, so you can also space them as you see fit.  

I thought this was a super cute idea and such a wonderful way to display pretty handkerchiefs or napkins.  I hope this sparks some creative ideas in you.  It sure did for me!  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you love vintage decor as much as I do! I enjoyed seeing how it was put to use. :)

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Be Interested In