This recipe is a real winner and if you're looking for a new appetizer for Super Bowl Sunday, then give this one a try! And while you should have already eaten your black-eyed peas for New Year's Day, this recipe would also be an excellent way to serve those up, so make sure to Pin it.
(I've also included links to other Super Bowl appetizers after this recipe, so keep scrolling!)
1 15 oz. can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
1 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 15 oz. can white corn, drained and rinsed
5 Roma tomatoes, seeds removed and diced
3 avocados, diced
4 green onions, sliced
1 Tbsp. cilantro
4 cloves garlic, minced
6 Tbsp. lime juice
1/2 cup Italian dressing
salt and pepper to taste
- Add drained and rinsed black-eyed peas, black beans, corn, sliced onions, and diced avocados to a large bowl.
- Distribute lime juice over diced avocados to help prevent browning.
- Remove seeds and pulp from tomatoes, dice, and add to bowl.
- Add Italian dressing, cilantro, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix all ingredients.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Serve with tortilla chips. (This is best served the same day as you prepare it.)
Make your own Italian dressing with our Italian dressing mix recipe, or use a prepared dressing.
This makes a great appetizer, but it's also a great sandwich filling - load up a 1/2 pita pocket with this mix and you have a tasty lunch!
Looking for other Super Bowl recipe ideas? Check out these other Harris Sisters recipes that would be perfect for game day: