Sunday, January 26, 2014

One Hit Wonders: Free Valentines Printables

If you've followed us for any length of time, then you know that we've brought you Free Valentine's Printable Roundups in 2013 and again in 2014. Well, before this season got too far away from us, I wanted to jump in on the action and bring you some free 8 X 10 Valentine's Printables. And what better place, I thought, than with song lyrics. 

But, I didn't want to go the traditional route - I wanted to feature one hit wonders:


The criteria I used for my selection process was overwhelmingly scientific - I chose songs that were either dubbed one hit wonders by VH1 or Wikipedia (and certainly ones that I remember). ;-) But, I did specifically choose songs that would likely never be thought of as "love" songs - and yet they have lyrics that are perfectly "schmoopy" for Valentine's purposes. 

I have a feeling you'll know these (but I've included videos just in case you need a refresher):

Casanova by LeVert - this 1987 tune's main message is that the singer "ain't no Casanova"  (how romantic!) but the chorus manages to leave us with this sweet message:




I Want Candy by Bow Wow Wow - this 1982 hit is actually a cover of a 1965 hit by the Strangeloves, but let's be honest, don't we all remember it as THE  Bow Wow Wow song? And the first line of the song is pretty Valentine-worthy:




And finally, perhaps the one you'll have to think the hardest about, is Iko Iko by the Belle Stars. This 1989 hit is actually a song about two Mardi Gras Indian tribes and their confrontation. You probably heard it first in the movie Rain Man (and then again years later in The Hangover). What could be romantic about a tribal confrontation??? Well not much, but the song did give us this this awesome lyric:




These are sized to print (high-quality) at 8 X 10, but if you're the crafty type, you can also resize and use them to make a Valentine card for your sweetie.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Be Interested In