Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Martha Stewart's Strawberry Preserves Recipe

It's finally strawberry season.  YAY!!  And if you are a strawberry lover like I am, then I don't think you will find an easier strawberry preserves recipe than this one.  It only calls for 3 ingredients, and 2 simple steps.  Can't get much easier than that.  Thank you, Martha Stewart.  I may even be able to pull this one off!



Ingredients

  • 2 pounds strawberries, hulled
  • 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon, freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 1 cup sugar

Directions

  1. Put strawberries and lemon juice in a large saucepan. Cook, stirring occasionally, over low heat until juices are released, about 40 minutes. Stir in sugar.
  2. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture registers 210 degrees.on a candy thermometer, about 15 minutes. Let cool completely; skim foam from surface with a spoon. Preserves can be refrigerated in an airtight container, up to 2 months.


    Yield: 2 1/2 cups

    Recipe courtesy of www.MarthaStewart.com.  

2 comments:

  1. I knew this was a Deanna post as soon as I saw "If you're a strawberry lover..." Remember when I came over and everything you offered me was strawberry flavored? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, I DO remember that! That was so funny; like coming to visit Strawberry Shortcake! :)

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Be Interested In