Here's a quick recipe for you that's sure to please. And it pairs perfectly with other GirlTalk favorites such as Black Bean & Salsa Soup, Crock Pot Black Bean Soup, and Kicking Butt and Taking Names Chili. But, truth be told, it's SO GOOD, you just might want to eat it all by itself.
Cheesy Cowboy Cornbread
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 X 8 pan.
- Stir together dry ingredients and shredded cheese.
- In a separate bowl, beat 2 eggs and mix with remaining wet ingredients.
- Pour egg mixture into the flour mixture. Stir until everything is moist.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and the edges are light brown.