We served this candy coated popcorn for Jaxon's birthday party, and it was a hit! It was super simple to make and now that I've made it, I see that the possibilities are endless. Try black and orange sprinkles for Halloween popcorn or red and green sprinkles for Christmas popcorn.
As written, the multicolored sprinkles create a colorful effect perfect for a polka dot or rainbow birthday party. Enjoy!
Polka Dot Party Popcorn
10 cups popped popcorn (unpopped kernels removed)
12 oz. bag vanilla candy melts
multicolored candy sprinkles
- Add popped popcorn to a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Line two medium baking sheets with wax paper.
- Melt candy melts in microwave according to package directions. Stir until smooth.
- Pour melted candy melts over popcorn and stir to combine.
- Turn out coated popcorn onto lined baking sheets in one layer.
- Sprinkle with candy sprinkles and allow to cool.
- Break apart and serve.
Note: I've found that the easiest way to remove unpopped kernels from popped popcorn is to empty the popcorn into a large bowl, top the bowl with a baking rack, and then turn the bowl upside down. The unpopped kernels should fall through the grid of the baking rack.