This is an old family recipe. Any time we ever had an occasion for punch, we used this one. And while I don't recall ever making it pink, the beauty of this recipe is that you can make it just about any color of the rainbow!
I've made it red and green for Christmas, and I've made orange and purple for Halloween. But pink was the color of choice for Jaxon's recent pig themed birthday party and I think there was less than 1/2 cup left. Always a hit!
Pink Party Punch
2 packages Pink Lemonade flavored Kool-Aid
2 cups sugar
46 oz. can pineapple juice
2 liter ginger ale for serving
Gallon sized container for mixing
- Pour pineapple juice into gallon sized container.
- Add contents of Kool-Aid packages and two cups of sugar.
- Fill container the rest of the way full with water. (You should have one gallon of punch mix in container.) Mix well until sugar is dissolved and Kool-Aid is thoroughly incorporated.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Mix equal parts punch mix and ginger ale in punch bowl for serving.
Notes: If desired, you can fill a bundt pan 1/3 full with punch mix and freeze. Before guests arrive, you can unmold this "ice" into your punch bowl to keep the punch cold.