It's been a while since I've posted a recipe, mainly because I've been relying more and more on Ryan Barrett Walkush to cook for the family while my knee heals.
However, I did wrangle up these super-easy, no bake bars recently, and this recipe is a keeper. Hardly any ingredients, easy to put together, and a winning combination of peanut butter and chocolate!
No Bake Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
3 cups pretzel crumbs
1 cup confectioners sugar
1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
4 Tbsp peanut butter
- Line a 2 quart 8" X 11 1/2" with aluminum foil, leaving approximately 2 inches to overhang on each long side. Spray pan with baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix pretzel crumbs, melted butter, 1 1/2 cups peanut butter, and confectioners sugar. Spread evenly into prepared pan and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes while you prepare topping.
- Combine semi-sweet chocolate chips and 4 Tbsp peanut butter and microwave, stirring frequently, until melted and smooth (about 1 minute).
- Spread evenly over the peanut butter layer and refrigerate at least one hour.
- Use aluminum foil flaps to remove from pan. Cut into squares. Refrigerate until 30 minutes before serving.
To create pretzel crumbs, whirl pretzels in a food processor and then measure out 3 cups of crumbs.
Approximately 3/4 of a 16 oz bag of pretzels created 3 cups of pretzel crumbs.
If you are particularly fond of the peanut butter/chocolate combination, check out these other Harris Sisters' Recipes: