One of the BEST things about fall is that there are so many delicious things that are pumpkin flavored, and this recipe is no exception. Give it a try and see for yourself!
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/3 cup softened butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup molasses
1 cup pumpkin puree* (thawed if using frozen)
1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt, and spices.
- In another bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add molasses and mix until smooth.
- Add milk, eggs, and pumpkin and blend thoroughly. Stir in dry ingredients and blend. Add white chocolate chips and until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Fill muffin cups with batter. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes.
If you don't happen to have any homemade roasted pumpkin puree hanging out in your freezer, canned pumpkin will work fine for this recipe. However, you REALLY SHOULD give roasting your own pumpkins a try. I mean, what else are you going to do with the pumpkins on your front porch come November 1 when all of your Christmas decorations need to go up? ;-)
If you prefer (and this is ALL on you - you can read our thoughts on this subject matter here), you can substitute raisins for the white chocolate chips.