Methinks I'm getting the reputation for telling you that "this is the easiest recipe ever" as evidenced here, here, and here, but have you heard the saying "if Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy"? Well, I have to tell you THIS Mama ain't happy if she's standing in the kitchen slaving over the stove for hours on end. I mean I do that every now and again for special occasions. But for everyday cooking let's just say that ain't nobody got time fo dat!
So, without further ado - Pineapple Marmalade Brie:
Pineapple Marmalade Brie
1 8 oz. can crushed pineapple
1/2 cup granulated sugar
pinch of hot chili pepper flakes (optional)
19.6 oz wheel of brie
1 sheet Pepperidge Farm puff pastry dough, thawed
Italian bread for serving
- In a heavy saucepan, combine pineapple with sugar and hot chili pepper flakes. Bring mixture to a boil and then simmer uncovered until it thickens to a syrupy consistency, stirring occasionally. (About 10 to 15 minutes.)
- Flatten thawed pastry dough and pinch seams closed. Place wheel of brie in center of dough. Spoon marmalade over top of brie, covering top to edges.
- Wrap the brie in the puff pastry, pinching the corners of the dough together in the center and the edges together to envelope the brie.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 20 minutes or until dough is golden brown.
- Serve brie on small pieces of Italian bread.
Note: recipe for marmalade topping can be doubled if desired.