Saturday, August 1, 2015

Jordache Jeans

In case you missed the big news from just a few weeks ago, Sarah Jessica Parker was recently announced as the new face of none other than the 1980s mega fashion denim icon- Jordache Jeans! Now, in my mind, SJP can do no wrong stylewise.  Who didn't fall in love with Carrie Bradshaw's sense of style back in her Sex and the City days???


In the photo above, she is wearing a pair of the jeans, available from Walmart for just about $15. Read more about all THAT here.



Well, let me just say when I heard about this new development, I tucked that info away.  And much to my surprise on a shopping trip to Walmart earlier this week, I actually remembered that they were supposed to be selling Jordache Jeans.  So I boogied right on over to the ladies department and did indeed find them.  I thought to myself there was no way these jeans would be worthwhile.  But I grabbed a pair and headed for the dressing room.  Not only did I deem these jeans worth the $15 investment :), but I also must admit that they are possibly the most comfortable jeans I have EVER tried on.

Admittedly, they are more of a jegging than a jean.  Think lots and lots of elastine, tons of super stretch, amazing comfort and movement.  So that said, two pair made their way into my cart.  And just check them out.

Look at the pony stitched on the pocket of this pair.  Love it!


But this is the signature pocket I remember.


Thankfully, they both have the pony patch for the waistband.


Time will tell how they hold up.  Let's face it, it's not quite jeans season yet.  It's the dog days of summer here, so these won't go into the rotation for a couple more months, but I can provide an update then.  But for now, I do give them a strong thumbs up for nostalgia and comfort.  Oh, and for the look too.  They actually do fit really nicely and look great on. 

So if you find yourself in a Walmart anytime soon with a few extra minutes to kill, make your way on over to the jeans and see what you think, if nothing more than for a walk down memory lane.  And with that in mind, I leave you with this.




No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Be Interested In