Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Share A Coke

For YEARS, my husband has told me that I am a marketer's dream come true.  If there is a good or catchy promotion out there, I jump on the bandwagon faster than you can blink.  And such is the case with this summer's Share a Coke campaign.



You know the one.  You can't pass a Coke cooler without seeing rows of bottles with names on the side of them. And yes, I always pause to see if by some chance my name has magically appeared in a cooler near me.  Alas, it has not.  But that rarely stops my from grabbing a Coke anyway, usually always with someone else's name on the side.  No bother. I'm sure that's exactly what Coke wants you to do!

For those who can't find their own names, surely you can still scope out a Coke that "describes" you. Here are the Harris Sisters striking a pose with our "Sister" Coke cans over this year's Girls' Weekend. 


 And then my very own Superstar found a Coke can that was seemingly made just for her.





But as luck would have it, one Harris Sister really DID find a bottle with her name on it.  I mean, what are the chances?  Especially when your name is Misty...  But they are out there, and here's the proof.  


For those of you who are still searching for your own Coke bottle, look no further.  The Share A Coke Website  allows you to purchase your very own Coke bottle with any name you choose on the side. They will custom make a bottle for you for $5.  And they are the real glass Coke bottles.  You can also design your own virtual bottle to share on social media sites, and you can look up names to see if they are already in circulation on a Coke bottle somewhere out there. In addition, you can peruse the volumes of photos that people have submitted with their Coke bottles this summer.  To add your photo to the ranks, share it on social media with the hashtag #shareacoke.  Coke says you may see your photo on their website or even on a billboard, so submit your best efforts!

And did I order my own bottle from Coke?  You betcha I did, as well as those for hubby and Babydoll too.  Per the Coke website, all our names are in circulation already, but if I haven't even been able to find a "John" yet, I hold out little hope for "Lexi" and even less for "Deanna".  In any case, we have our bottles now.  And this Coke fan is a happy camper.  But hey, if you do happen to find a "Deanna" bottle, share a photo with me, okay?



No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Be Interested In