Saturday, June 13, 2015

Tomato Basil Bruschetta

I fell in love with bruschetta when we visited Italy a few years ago.  There are so many ways to make bruschetta, but I prefer the traditional tomato basil recipe.  I requested this for Mother's Day this year, and I loved it so much, I also made it and brought it along to our annual Girls' Weekend too. 

It's a simple recipe but won't short you on taste.  I promise. :)

Tomato Basil Bruschetta


1 baguette, sliced and toasted
2 tsp minced garlic
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 1/2 cups minced roma tomatoes
1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp fresh ground pepper

  1. In a medium mixing bowl, add tomatoes, garlic, basil, vinegar, olive oil, cheese, salt and pepper. 
  2. Mix thoroughly and let sit for at least 15 minutes at room temperature to allow the flavors to marinate. 
  3. Slice and toast bread, and spoon the mixture onto the top of individual slices. 

Notes: 

I omitted the vinegar when I made this recipe because it's not my favorite, but I still included it in the recipe because it is traditionally included when you make bruschetta.  Try it both ways and see what you like. 

The basil is the key here. I cannot stress enough how it totally makes this recipe.  I always grow basil and use it fresh from the garden.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Be Interested In