Thursday, May 22, 2014

I Wear Your Granddad's Clothes . . . .

. . . I look incredible.

But, I didn't exactly get them from the Thrift Shop down the road. (Sorry, Macklemore.)

You see, now that Summer is upon us and THIS family is turning their thoughts to family trips, I'm reminded of a fun tradition that I started years ago.

It started when Daddy gave me his Marine Corps T-shirt - the original that he wore in service circa the 1970's. And ever since I've owned it, I've made it a point to take it on family vacations with me so that it, too, has the opportunity to "travel."


I don't always get a photo of me in the shirt (although I should start doing that), but here are some photos over the years of me in different locations wearing the now famous "traveling" shirt:

This is me and Ryan in 2004 in Honolulu, Hawaii. Just kidding, Ryan is MUCH taller than that. ;-)


Here I am in 2009 in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina with Jaxon for his first ride on a merry-go-round:


And here I am again in 2011 at a recycled tire playground in Cunningham Falls State Park in Maryland (we were on our way to Washington, DC and stopped off here for a break from driving):


And here's me, Deanna, and Daddy in 2013 in Nashville, Tennessee (notice Daddy-o is also wearing a Marine Corps T-shirt):


So, Aidyn and Jaxon, Imma take your Grandpa style, Imma take your Grandpa style, no for real, ask your Grandpa can I have his hand-me-downs?

Check and check. Semper Fi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Be Interested In