Sunday, May 11, 2014

Dear Peanut: A Mommy Daughter Love Letter

Dear Peanut:

On this, our first Mother's Day together, you are but 11 days old and yet you are so firmly cemented as a part of our little family that your Daddy and I can scarcely recall the time before you joined us in this big old party we call life.

It's almost unimaginable that just two weeks ago you were still dancing around in my tummy.  And now, here you are and our lives are forever changed- in the BEST way possible.  You see, we have this special bond, you and I.  Little girl, you will always be the only person in this great big world who knows what my heartbeat sounds like from the inside.  And that makes your Mommy so happy.  



Every day, you teach me something new.  Like how you love having that pretty red hair washed but not right before bedtime because it wakes you up to the point you don't want to got to bed.  You have taught me to stop and smell the roses in a way I'm not sure I ever have before.  For now, there is nothing, and I mean nothing, more important that holding your little hand or tickling your pretty little toes or simply watching your sweet face as you fall asleep.  Laundry can wait, dishes will still be there tomorrow.  You are my little one and I don't want to miss a moment of this time with you.  

In fact, I just want to freeze time.  There is so much I don't want to forget about these first few days with my precious little girl.  Like how you cross your legs at the ankles.  I first saw you do that at your 20 week ultrasound, and you still do it now.   Every day, your hair reddens a little more.  You have the most precious button nose I've ever seen and the sweetest little rosebud mouth.  You root and grunt like a little piglet when you are hungry, and you are hungry often.  You have the chubbiest little cheeks. You are a champ at bath time and diaper changes, and so far, in the car and out to restaurants too.  Oh, and you usually sleep about 5-6 hours at night before you start rooting around for your early morning snack in the wee hours of the morning.  You don't like to go back to bed after that feeding, but that's ok.  We are figuring this thing out together, little by little.  You are a good baby.  You don't mind your sister Izzie (the wonder pup) at all.  You accept her sniffing you and investigating you, and her bark doesn't even faze you.  Me thinks you heard it a time or two in utero.  :)

And I know it's Mother's Day, but sweet girl, we can't forget the wonderful man you will always call Daddy.  He loves us girls like nobody's business, and we are darn lucky to have him.  He was front and center by your Mommy's side as you made your entrance into this world, and he has already jumped into parenthood head first to make things as easy on your Mommy as possible.  And your Mommy and Daddy love each other so much- a forever kind of love.  That's important.  And together we have an infinite supply of love for you, my dear.

The Savage Garden song "I Knew I Loved You" keeps running through my mind.  "I knew I loved you before I met you.  I think I dreamed you into life..."   That about sums up how I feel about you, my dear girl.  So on this very special Mother's Day, I want to thank you for completing our little family.  And please always know how much your Mommy loves you more than words could ever say.  I will always be your Mommy and you will always be my baby.  

Love Always and Forever, 

Mommy



I Knew I Loved You 

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Maybe it's intuition 
But some things you just don't question
Like in your eyes
I see my future in an instant
and there it goes
I think I've found my best friend
I know that it might sound more than
a little crazy but I believe 

[chorus:] 

I knew I loved you before I met you
I think I dreamed you into life
I knew I loved you before I met you
I have been waiting all my life 

There's just no rhyme or reason
only this sense of completion
and in your eyes
I see the missing pieces
I'm searching for
I think I found my way home
I know that it might sound more than
a little crazy but I believe

[repeat chorus] 

A thousand angels dance around you
I am complete now that I found you 

[repeat chorus]
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

1 comment:

  1. Deanna, This is so beautiful but my eyes are so teary I can hardly see! So happy for you and John and little peanut is one blessed little girl! Enjoy this day and every day! Shirley P.

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Be Interested In