Monday, December 16, 2013

Remember Glamour Shots?

The better question might be- how could we forget?  If you too were a child of the 80's/ early 90's, then you were also likely sucked into the "magic" that was Glamour Shots.  I mean, who *didn't* want to make that unforgettable pilgrimage to the mall to have your hair fluffed to towering heights and makeup spackled onto your face like drywall plaster? Oh, and then there were the over the top outfits they put you in that usually included both a cowboy hat and a feather boa.  I ask you- what's not to love?  


Yes, we Harris Sisters got in on the action back in the day.  Of course we did!  And we even have the embarrassing photos to prove- er, I mean commemorate- it.  See Exhibit A:



I recently ran across one of the funniest articles I have seen in a while, outlining the top 12 ways to achieve your very best "glamour shot".  They are as follows:

1.  Hold onto your collar
2.  Wear silk gloves
3.  Wear a feather boa
4.  Play up your hands
5.  Expose those shoulders
6.  Make sure your hair is awesome
7.  Try combining as many of the above options as possible
8.  Opt for a cool hat
9.  Add studs to your favorite jacket
10. Make use of props and accessories
11. Bring a friend, and finally...
12. Whatever you do, don't become a "Granny Glamour Shot"

Might I add that my sample photo above is guilty of numbers 2, 4, 5, 6, (and thereby 7).  If I still had copies of my other Glamour Shots, trust me, there would be lots more violations as well.  And, if you think this is funny, you must, must, must click on the link above to see other sample photos that are slightly worse (if that's even possible).  Prepare yourself for some serious sensory overload!

Now, I didn't even know Glamour Shots were still around, but apparently they are.  I did check, and sadly, there are none here in Tennessee.  BUT on the upside, there is one in our great home state of good old North Carolina.  I see another Girls' Weekend coming on, Harris Sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Be Interested In