If you're looking for a quick and easy potato salad recipe that isn't your run of the mill recipe, then this recipe for you. There are two tricks to this recipe. First, it features sweet potatoes. So, every other potato salad at the summer cookout will be oh so jealous! Second, you roast the sweet sweet potatoes, so you don't spend a lot of time on the recipe and you also don't heat up your kitchen quite as much as standing over a pot of boiling potatoes! Easy peasy!
Perfect recipe to take to all your upcoming cookouts!
Southwest Sweet Potato Quinoa Salad
4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 c quinoa, prepared as per package instructions
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 can corn, drained and rinsed
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
3 green onions, chopped
1/2 c chopped cilantro
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cumin
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 c lime juice
2 tsp honey
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place prepared sweet potatoes on cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Roast for 25-30 minutes.
- While sweet potatoes are roasting, prepare quinoa according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, combine corn, black beans, green onions, and cilantro. Add quinoa and sweet potatoes once they are finished cooking. Add salt, cumin, garlic, and mix to combine.
- In a measuring cup, whisk together lime juice and honey. Pour dressing over mixture. Toss to combine.
- Refrigerate overnight before serving.
To make the prep work for this salad even quicker, you can purchase pre-cut sweet potatoes in the produce section of your grocery store.
This salad also makes a great filling for vegetarian burritos and can also be served with tortilla chips!