Using the same premise as Into the Woods, or more recently Once Upon a Time, we Harris Sisters thought it might be fun to see what it would look like to bring together three well-known storybook characters for a Halloween photo shoot.
What would it look like for the main characters from The Wizard of Oz, Alice in Wonderland, and Little Red Riding Hood to interact with each other?
First, we needed a Dorothy:
And an Alice:
And a Red:
Check, check, check!
First order of business was to make our way through the woods so that our fairy tale day could begin.
Then, we thought we'd freshen up a bit after our long journey. Alice pulled out her looking glass, and I brushed her hair. Red started reading the Wizard of Oz.
As we continued to read The Wizard of Oz, we got awfully sleepy when we got to the part about poppies. So strange! We all took a little nap . . . .
When we woke up from our naps, we decided to have a tea party. After all, the tag on the teapot read, "Drink Me." We felt like it was the right thing to do.
After our tea party, we packed up our baskets. Time to head back into the woods for another adventure.
Twisters, and rabbit holes, and wolves! Oh, my! We're off!
The Devil's in the Details:
- Red's cape was made using a free Red Riding Hood cape sewing pattern from FleeceFun.com
- Alice is reading Alice in Wonderland
- Red is reading The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (commemorative pop-up edition)
- Alice and Dorothy are using a vintage brush and mirror
- Tea party teacups are vintage
- The Drink Me tag on the teapot is a free pattern from B.Nute Productions (there's also a free Eat Me tag that you can download)