I THINK my love of roasted vegetables has been well documented in these recipes: Garlic Roasted Asparagus, Garlic Roasted Green Beans, Roasted Pumpkin Puree, and Roasted Tomato Soup.
BUT, just so that we're clear on the subject, I thought I would bring you Roasted Cauliflower and Cheddar Soup today. It's quick and easy (not to mention delicious)!
Roasted Cauliflower and Cheddar Soup
2 heads cauliflower
10 cloves garlic, minced
4 Tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, minced
1 tsp dried thyme
8 cups vegetable broth
1 cup milk
12 oz. sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
salt and pepper to taste
parsley and croutons for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut cauliflower into bite-sized pieces and place on foil-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp of olive oil. Cover in minced garlic.
- Roast for 25 minutes until the cauliflower is golden in spots.
- While the cauliflower roasts, heat the remaining olive oil and add the onion, cooking until the onion is translucent, about 4-5 minutes. Add the thyme and cook for another minute.
- Stir in the cooked cauliflower and broth. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Carefully ladle batches of the soup into a food processor and puree until smooth. Stir the pureed soup back into the pot.
- Add milk and cheese, stirring and cooking on low until cheese is melted.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with Garlic Parmesan Croutons and parsley before serving.