Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Trader Joe's- It's Not Just for Groceries Anymore

Many of you already know and love good old Trader Joe's for their specialty grocery items that don't cost an arm and a leg like most specialty food stores.  But what you might not know about Trader Joe's is that they actually carry a pretty impressive bath and body line as well.    

Here is a look at a few of the items I recently scored for my shower.  Those large bottles are a full 16 ounces of shampoo, conditioner, and body wash.  Each was around the $3 mark, which I found to be quite reasonable.  But now that I have started using them, they have me jumping for joy even more so.   



I am in LOVE with the smell of their "Tea Tree Tingle" line.  It is unbelievably refreshing and energizing for your summertime showers; it's just so minty and fresh.  And again, at that price point, I'd say it's a pretty good deal too.  I usually am willing to pay a little more for hair care products, but these are doing the job quite nicely.  The conditioner is creamy enough to do a nice job, but light enough that it doesn't weigh my hair down. 

I will also personally give a ringing endorsement to the "Coconut Body Butter" you see here as well.  I am a long time fan of body butter over lotion anyway.  Most lotions evaporate into nothing as soon as you apply them.  But honestly, a lot of body butters are so thick they don't absorb that well.  If you have also been caught in the middle of this dilemma, look no further.  This body butter absorbs instantly and smoothly, but it leaves your skin so incredibly moisturized.  What a concept?!?!  But even better than all of that is the way it smells.  It is like a slice of coconut creme pie (maybe not quite that sugary smelling, but you get the idea).  It is rich and buttery, and of course, I love the smell of coconut for summer.  Oh, and the price?  It rang in at $4.99 for this big tub.  

I think we are onto something here, ladies.  And I think I will be heading back to the bath and body aisle of Trader Joe's before too long to see what else they have in store.  So far, you can color me impressed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Be Interested In