This quick and simple recipe comes together in no time flat and also makes more than enough for leftovers. The thick and creamy Alfredo sauce is a nice complement to the nutritious spinach and mushrooms.
Spinach Mushroom Alfredo Pasta
16 oz. angel hair pasta
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 onion, minced
8 oz. white mushrooms, minced
2 1/2 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1 8 oz. package cream cheese, cubed
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 stick butter
1 cup milk
- Cook pasta to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, and mushrooms and cook for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add spinach and cover pan. Cook for 1 minute in covered pan and remove from heat. Stir to combine vegetables and season to taste. Set aside in covered pan.
- While vegetables are cooking, place cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, butter, and milk in a large saucepan. Cook on medium-low heat until cream cheese is melted, stirring frequently.
- Add vegetables and sauce to pasta and toss lightly.
- Serve topped with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.
Note: For an even simpler and quicker meal, substitute your favorite jarred Alfredo sauce for the homemade Alfredo sauce described in the recipe.