In honor of Cinco de Mayo, I bring you this delicious recipe one day early. Now, if you are so inclined, you can whip this up for your family in no time flat (whilst drinking a margarita even)!
Otherwise, I encourage you to head on down to the local Mexican restaurant and enjoy some good eats there. (I have it on good authority that there's an excellent one in Franklin, TN, but I digress.)
Black Bean Enchiladas
2 cups shredded Mexican style cheese, divided*
1 19 oz can enchilada sauce, divided
1 4 oz can chopped green chiles
1 cup sour cream, divided
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp cumin
2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
10, 8" flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly spray one 13 x 9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup cheese, 1/2 can of enchilada sauce, green chiles, 1/2 cup sour cream, beans, sugar, and cumin.
- Spread each tortilla with heaping 1/3 cup of filling, roll, and place seam side down in dish. Repeat until all filling is used.
- Spread remaining sauce over tortillas. Dot with remaining sour cream and use the back of a spoon to spread evenly over tortillas. Sprinkle with remaining cheese
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
The cheese I used was a package of 4 Cheese Mexican Blend that consisted of mixed Monterey Jack, Cheddar, Queso Quesadilla, and Asadero. You can also just use Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack - whatever strikes your fancy!