Monday, January 8, 2024

How to Upcycle Your Photo Christmas Cards into a Valentine's Day Banner

As I started taking down the Christmas decorations and storing them for next year,  I thought maybe I could find a way to upcycle my Christmas cards from this year.  I decided to use them to make a Valentine's Day banner.  This turned out to be such a fun and easy project!  And I think you will like it too!  What better way to enter the season of love than to be surrounded by photos of friends and family!


Here's a list of the materials I used to make this Valentine's banner: 

  • Photo Christmas Cards
  • Heart Shaped Cookie Cutter (or stencil)
  • Marker or Pen
  • Scissors
  • Hole Punch
  • Twine or Ribbon


Step 1:  Sort your Christmas cards.  I had A LOT of photo cards, but a handful of other cards too.  I only used the photo cards for this project.  I sorted all others into a separate pile to be stored for Christmas crafts next year.  


Step 2: Use your heart shaped cookie cutter or stencil to trace a heart around the picture you want to feature on your banner.  Some cards only have one photo and some have lots.  I positioned my cookie cutter a few times before deciding which photos to use for my banner.  Depending on the layout of the card you are using, you may need to rotate your stencil slightly to get the desired image inside your heart. 





Step 3: Once you have all your hearts drawn, carefully cut them out. 







Step 4:  Using your hole punch, punch two holes in the top of each heart shape.  Be careful not to punch too close to the edge of your heart or over anything (or anyone) important!



Step 5:  Finally, use your twine or ribbon to string your hearts together.  Your banner is complete and ready to display!





I love how this little banner turned out!  And I hope you will give it a try too!

Make sure you check out these other Harris Sisters blog posts for ideas on how to decorate for Valentine's Day:


4 comments:

  1. Your data was very informative and helpful for us. Keep writing like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read few blog posts on this website Keep up the good work. Cheerssss

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed reading this articles. Very good message you've done. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel too good to read this awesome blog. Keep on sharing like this one

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Be Interested In