Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice

It is once again that time of year.  The sweetest of seasons, filled with candy hearts and chocolate confections.  Yes, St. Valentine's Day is drawing near to its annual return.  And for me, that can only mean one thing- seeking out the latest and greatest vintage find to add to my Valentine's table decor. 

And yes, as luck would have it, it would seem that I have found the perfect pieces to add to the collection for 2015.  Take a look at these sweetheart salt and pepper shakers.  I nearly did a back flip when I spied them.  They are shelf sitters too, but in this case, they came complete with their own little bench.  Fantastic!


And take a look at what they are sitting atop.  That's right.  I have also added to my pink depression glass collection for this year.  That's a cake plate made from the delicate glass that has survived these many years.  And now it resides with us.  I'm so happy to add it to the mix.  Incidentally, I do love decorating with cake plates, as they add height to your table displays.  This actually makes the third cake plate that I added to my Valentine table.  :)


And for those who haven't seen it before, here is the full tablescape in all it's glory.  Vintage tablecloth, lots of pink depression glass collected over the years, retro Valentine cards on display, as well as the newest pieces from this year tucked in.  


Ah, does this heart good, and just in time for the season where we "heart" all of our favorite things.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Be Interested In