Friday, March 28, 2014

My Week in Pictures: March 28, 2014

Happy Friday, friends!  It's that time again- time for the weekend (YAY!!), and time for another edition of "My Week in Pictures" (double- YAY!!).  So here we go. 

This week started on a super high note- the discovery of a 5-pack of Cadbury Creme Eggs.   Now, I have *heard* of this elusive 5-pack of deliciousness before, but have never actually seen one up close and personal, until now.  So obviously, it came home with me.  Are any of these eggs still around?  No comment.


This week, I also tried a new hot tea.  I adore jasmine tea, but it is so hard to find in the form of a tea bag.  I have loose jasmine tea, but sometimes you just want the convenience of a tea bag, ya know?  This was the closest I could find at the local grocery store.  It is lemon jasmine, and it's decaf, so I decided to give it a try.  But to be honest, I didn't care for it.  It was way too lemony and not nearly jasminy enough.  Oh well, back to the drawing board. 


On a brighter note, hubby is back home safe and sound.  He stayed in Los Angeles on business for about a week after I returned.  But, he actually came in a night early, so that was great news too.  Although, his flight didn't arrive until about 12:30 am, which meant that we got home and into bed around 2 am on Monday morning.  And then, I had to actually get up early and go into the office later that morning, so very little sleep for me Sunday night.  :(


All my co-workers were in town this week for a big team meeting, and while they were here, they threw me a surprise baby shower!!  It was awesome.  They are awesome.  So much to be thankful for!


Speaking of things to be thankful for, here's my sweet Izzie Lu, doing a little relaxing, with her favorite "baby".  She got groomed this week.  That always take it out of her.  But doesn't she look pretty with that fresh haircut?


On a random note, I have been trying (very successfully) to incorporate more fruit into my diet.  I really like fruit anyway, but John doesn't eat it that often, so I usually don't buy tons of it because I don't want it to go bad before I can eat it.  Now, this was a really ambitious meal.  I couldn't finish it, but I did save most of the fruit and finished it later.  There just isn't any room left.  Baby Peanut is taking up all the real estate these days.


Speaking of Peanut, here we are at Week 34.  We are now starting Week 35.  Won't be long now!  I thought I looked so springy this day.  And then it snowed so hard and fast all day, it looked like a blizzard outside.  Nothing actually stuck because the ground was way too warm, but nonetheless, I am so OVER winter weather.  It's great in January, but we are knocking on the door of April here.  This girl is ready for springtime.


And to leave you on a really bright note, take a look at what was  flying high in the sky over our house this week.  There were actually several of them out and about.  Reminds me of our hot air balloon ride from a couple of seasons ago.  Here's the link if you want to see the story of our hot air balloon adventure.  


So that's all for this week.  As always, we hope you have had an awesome week and are looking forward to a fun weekend ahead.  Make it a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Be Interested In