This pumpkin cake recipe is an oldie but a goodie, so if you haven't tried this fall time recipe yet, I urge you to give it a try today.
Never a better time to put it into your rotation! This is a quick and easy recipe, and it has all the pumpkin spice flavors of fall that we love.
Pumpkin Crunch Cake
16 oz. pumpkin puree
12 oz. evaporated milk*
1 1/2 cup sugar
4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp salt
1 box yellow cake mix
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom of 9 X 13 casserole dish. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Mix until incorporated, then pour it into your prepared dish.
- Sprinkle dry yellow cake mix evenly over pumpkin mixture.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans evenly over the cake mix.
- Drizzle melted butter evenly over top of pecans and cake mix.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Cool completely before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
Note: Can substitute coconut milk for evaporated milk in the recipe if desired.
Take a look at these drool-worthy photos. Doesn't it just look yummy? And perfect for your fall pumpkin cravings?
If you're looking for more fall recipe inspiration, make sure to check out these tried and true Harris Sisters' recipes: