I waited a WHOLE week past Labor Day to post this pumpkin recipe. THAT's self control people.
Super Moist Pumpkin Bread
• 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 cups packed dark brown sugar
• 2/3 cup white sugar
• 2 teaspoons baking soda
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• 2 cups pumpkin puree
• 1 cup vegetable oil
• 2/3 cup coconut milk
• 2/3 cup flaked sweetened coconut
• 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 8x4 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, brown sugar, white sugar, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Add the pumpkin puree, oil, and coconut milk, and mix until all of the flour is absorbed. Fold in the flaked coconut and walnuts. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, and cover loaves tightly with foil. Allow to steam for 10 minutes. Remove foil, and turn out onto a cooling rack. Tent loosely with the foil, and allow to cool completely.
You can easily mix this recipe by hand (the way your grandmother used to - unless your grandmother was Grandma Cuisnart or Nana KitchenAid).
If you like this recipe, make sure to try out other Harris Sisters tried and true Pumpkin Recipes:
Roasted Pumpkin Puree (stock up on this for recipes throughout the season!)
Whew! I feel like Bubba and Forrest:
That's all I have to say about that . . . .