This is another tried and true recipe that will help you use up all of those finicky bananas that seem to go bad before you've had a chance to eat them! And, hey, it's got Nutella in it, so what's not to like?
Nutella Banana Swirl Bread
2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 stick butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/4 cup ripe bananas, mashed (about 2 bananas)
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup milk
3/4 cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar and butter with an electric mixer at medium speed until blended. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add banana, milk, and vanilla. Beat mixture until blended.
- Add flour mixture. Beat at low speed until flour is incorporated, making sure not to over mix.
- Spoon Nutella into a small dish and heat in microwave for 15 seconds. Add 1 cup of batter to the Nutella and stir until incorporated.
- Spoon 1/2 of batter into prepared pan, followed by 1/2 of Nutella batter, and repeat. Swirl batters together with a knife.
- Bake 60 minutes. Cool for at least 15 minutes in the pan and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool for at least another 10 minutes.
The Nutella swirls in the bread may seem slightly "gooey" in the center, but I've found that cooking it longer than stated above makes for a drier bread.
This bread is delicious as is, but if you are a "slatherer," you might want to try frosting your slice of bread with a little more Nutella or even peanut butter.