This recipe is super simple AND delicious. You'll definitely want to give it a try.
Pesto Ricotta Pasta
16 oz. penne pasta
8 oz. jar pesto
6 cloves garlic, minced
32 oz. Ricotta cheese
2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain.
- While pasta cooks, pour the olive oil out of the pesto and into a large saute pan. Add garlic and cook over medium heat for two to three minutes. Add remaining pesto to pan.
- Add spinach, cover and cook for another few minutes until spinach is wilted.
- Stir ricotta cheese into the mixture and continue to cook until mixture is smooth and heated through, about five minutes.
- Add drained pasta, salt, and pepper to mixture and serve.
This makes a large batch of pasta that can feed at least 6 to 8 people. If you have leftovers, reheat them in a pan on the stove over low heat, adding a little milk and stirring while heating. This method is preferred to reheating in the microwave.
If you prefer, you may substitute other vegetables for the spinach. Cook accordingly until desired tenderness before adding to the recipe.