Thursday, June 8, 2023

Hedwig the Owl Crochet Earflap Hat

Miss Lexi recently celebrated her ninth birthday, so I wanted to make her a present to celebrate her special day. 

This year, I crocheted a Hedwig the Owl earflap hat, and I couldn’t be happier with how it turned out. Lexi's a fan of the Harry Potter book series, so I immediately knew that this was the project to make!

I used the Snowy Owl Crochet Hat free pattern in the size 6-10 years.

Modifications to the Pattern

For the most part, I completed this pattern exactly as described with only minor modifications:

  • I did an extra round of SC in gray on each eye to make them extra big. 
  • I did not include the extra "fluff" between the eyes.
  • I did not use a wire brush to fluff the ends of the braided tails or ears. 
  • I trimmed the ears to approximately 2 1/2" so that they were a little longer than the 1" ears described in the pattern.

Overall this is just a really fun pattern that I think any Harry Potter fan would be happy to have it. Whoooo wouldn't love to have a Hedwig the Owl hat? (See what I did there?)


Add this pattern to your Ravelry queue here: Snowy Owl Crochet Hat

If you have a kiddo that you'd like to make a fun project for, check out these other crochet patterns:

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Be Interested In