Saturday, December 24, 2016

A Memorable Gift

There is no gift I like to put together more than one that reminds the recipient of a fond memory. 

So when Daddy regaled me with one of his childhood tales a few months ago, I knew I had the beginnings of an epic gift for him!

As the story goes, Daddy, along with his brothers and sister, would often go on a walk with their father. 

Each trip would culminate in a special treat that he remembers to this day - cornbread that they would crumble into the bottom of a cup and pour milk on top.


Thankfully, I made a mental note of this story. So for Christmas, I whipped up some of my sweet honey cornbread and I headed over to Daddy's house with a bottle of fresh cow's milk from a local vendor.

What a splendid start to our Christmas festivities!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Be Interested In