Saturday, November 1, 2014

Shine Bright Like a Diamond

For 2014, the boys had their hearts set on being Minecraft characters for Halloween. You'll note that I've linked to the Wikipedia explanation of Minecraft out of courtesy because there is a good chance that long time readers of the blog may have no idea what in the world this is. :-)



Reader's Digest explanation is that Minecraft is a video game that the boys (along with other kids their age) play. Of course, the last time I played a video game, it told me that I had died of dysentery on the Oregon Trail. THAT was a little traumatic, and I have not since played video games. But, I digress.

Anyhoot, we were lucky that we could purchase the majority of these costumes this year. The main character is Steve:



And the two "bad guys" are a Creeper and an Enderman. Ryan and I were game to be those two. 




However, Jaxon wanted to be a Minecraft pig. You may have read about his fascination with pigs previously on the blog. 





I would need to make that costume and also a diamond costume for our pup Smitty. (They mine for diamonds in the game.)



Here is the DIY photo tutorial for both the pig costume and the diamond dog costume.

Here's Steve and Minecraft Pig hanging out in the backyard:


Oh no! An Enderman has appeared! (Hey, that's what they do.)


Grab your diamond sword and pickaxe!


A Creeper!


Hey, look! We found a diamond!


If you can't beat 'em! Join 'em!


Happy Halloween from the Walkushes!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Be Interested In